Curried Pumpkin Stew with Roasted Pepitas
Look for pepitas (pumpkin seeds) with Mexican ingredients or on the bulk food aisle of your supermarket. They are available in several forms, roasted or raw, with or without the hulls. For this recipe we used hulled raw pepitas.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced seeded Serrano chile
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups cubed peeled fresh pumpkin (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hulled raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks; sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in ginger and next 3 ingredients; cook 1 minute. Add water and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until pumpkin is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in beans and next 3 ingredients; cook until beans are heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add pepitas, and sauté, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle stew into shallow bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon roasted pepitas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews