Everyone to whom I have served this loves it. I like a crusty, whole wheat bread with it. A family favorite now.
Curried Pumpkin Soup
More From Southern Living
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15-oz.) cans unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 1 (32-oz.) container low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (13.5-oz.) can lite coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Garnishes: sour cream, chopped fresh chives
- 1. Sauté onion in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and next 4 ingredients; sauté 1 minute. Add pumpkin, 1 cup water, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; add coconut milk, lime juice, and salt, and simmer, stirring often, 25 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
- 2. Process pumpkin mixture, in batches, in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Return pumpkin mixture to Dutch oven, and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews