- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Garnishes: sour cream, chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large saucepan; add mushrooms and onion, and saute until tender. Stir in flour and curry powder; gradually add chicken broth, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
Stir in pumpkin and next 4 ingredients; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in milk, and cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.