I made this for a Memorial Day barbecue, and everyone loved it. My husband, who doesn't like potato salad, said it was good.
Curried Potato Salad
Madras curry powder adds an extra degree of heat to this fun take on classic potato salad.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 117
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 1.3mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 275mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 2 pounds Red Bliss potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Madras or regular curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted cashews
- 1. Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Combine yogurt and next 3 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Place cooled potatoes in a large bowl. Add carrots, 5 tablespoons green onions, celery, and yogurt mixture; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons green onions and cashews. Serve chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note