Curried Potato and Pea Soup with Spicy Shrimp
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes, I use Baby Boomers
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp indian curry powder (madras)
- 1 tsp garam masala (indian mixed spice)
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt to taste, plain yogurt, chopped fresh cilantro
- Sweat potatoes, onion, and garlic in the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until onion is soft, 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, curry powder, and garam masala; and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly, add broth, milk and sugar. Bring soup to a boil, reduce to medium-low, cover, and simmer, stirring often, until potatoes as fork-tender, approx 15 minutes. Add peas and simmer 5 minutes. Finish soup with lime juice and salt.
- Garnish with yogurt and cilantro if desired.
- Spicy Shrimp:
- 12 lg. shrimp
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 t. paprika
- 1/2 t. ground turmeric
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- Pat Shrimp dry with paper towels then toss with oil. Combine paprika , turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper and sprinkle over shrimp.
- Coat grill pan or large saute pan with spray. Add shrimp and sear until cooked through 1-2 min. side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Curried Potato and Pea Soup with Spicy Shrimp Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews