Curried Pork Medaillons
Yield: 6 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 258
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Carbohydrate: 25.2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 78mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 medium-size firm bananas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (3/4-pound) pork tenderloins
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened orange juice, divided
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add banana and cinnamon; saute 5 minutes or until golden, tossing gently. Transfer to a bowl, and keep warm.
- Partially freeze tenderloins; trim fat from tenderloins. Cut tenderloins diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of pork, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until pork is lightly browned. Remove pork from skillet. Drain; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining pork slices. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
- Combine 2 tablespoons orange juice, green onions, and red pepper in skillet; stir well. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, stirring until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to vegetable mixture in skillet; stir well. Add raisins, curry powder, and cumin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Return pork to skillet, and simmer an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring frequently. Serve with banana slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes