Curried Peanut Soup
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 1. HEAT butter in a 4-quart saucepot. Saute carrot, onion and celery until tender. Remove from heat and blend in flour.
2. ADD curry powder, salt, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, peanut butter and evaporated milk. Puree mixture in batches using a blender or food processor.
3. RETURN soup to pot; bring to boil. Simmer until thickened. Stir in fresh parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers