- 1 pound large shelled and deveined shrimp (24 to 32 per lb.)
- 2 cups chopped peaches
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 package (4 oz.) plain or black pepper pappadums*
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro sprigs
- calories 367
- caloriesfromfat 45 %
- protein 23 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 7.1 g
- sodium 1415 mg
- cholesterol 168 mg
How to Make It
Boil shrimp in salted water until just opaque, about 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain shrimp and put in a large mixing bowl.
Add peaches, onion, chile, salt, and lime juice to shrimp.
Heat oil in a small frying pan until warm. Add spices and swirl to toast. Pour warm oil over shrimp mixture, gently stirring to combine.
Microwave 4 pappadums 1 at a time until puffed and crisp, about 50 seconds. Crack each into a few large pieces.
Arrange avocado on 4 dinner plates, top with shrimp mixture, and garnish plates with cilantro and pappadums.
*Wafer-thin Indian bread; find in the Asian food aisle of well-stocked grocery stores.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.