Shrimp salad gets an Indian makeover, with the peach standing in for mango.
Sunset JULY 2010
1. Boil shrimp in salted water until just opaque, about 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain shrimp and put in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add peaches, onion, chile, salt, and lime juice to shrimp.
3. Heat oil in a small frying pan until warm. Add spices and swirl to toast. Pour warm oil over shrimp mixture, gently stirring to combine.
4. Microwave 4 pappadums 1 at a time until puffed and crisp, about 50 seconds. Crack each into a few large pieces.
5. Arrange avocado on 4 dinner plates, top with shrimp mixture, and garnish plates with cilantro and pappadums.
*Wafer-thin Indian bread; find in the Asian food aisle of well-stocked grocery stores.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Go to full version of