So great! Quick and easy and really delicious! Will definitely make again. I was able to find all of the ingredients at Whole Foods.
Curried Peach and Shrimp Salad
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 367
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Sodium: 1415mg
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- 1 pound large shelled and deveined shrimp (24 to 32 per lb.)
- 2 cups chopped peaches
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 package (4 oz.) plain or black pepper pappadums*
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1. Boil shrimp in salted water until just opaque, about 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain shrimp and put in a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Add peaches, onion, chile, salt, and lime juice to shrimp.
- 3. Heat oil in a small frying pan until warm. Add spices and swirl to toast. Pour warm oil over shrimp mixture, gently stirring to combine.
- 4. Microwave 4 pappadums 1 at a time until puffed and crisp, about 50 seconds. Crack each into a few large pieces.
- 5. Arrange avocado on 4 dinner plates, top with shrimp mixture, and garnish plates with cilantro and pappadums.
- *Wafer-thin Indian bread; find in the Asian food aisle of well-stocked grocery stores.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes