- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 3/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam broth
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 (13.66-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
How to Make It
Heat olive oil in a medium soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender and translucent. Add curry powder and cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Stir in white wine; simmer 2 minutes.
Add clam broth, tomato, and salt. Bring to a boil. Add mussels and cook, covered, 3 to 5 minutes or until mussels open. (Discard any that do not.) Add coconut milk, stirring gently. Cover and cook 1 minute or until heated through.
Toss cabbage with lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Ladle mussels and soup into shallow bowls, and top with lime slaw.