- 2 quarts water
- 4 frozen lobster tails, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup warm whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Hot cooked rice
- Bring water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add lobster tails; return to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Remove tails from water with kitchen tongs; rinse under cold water. Drain.
- With a sharp knife, cut down outer edge of tail to remove shell. Remove meat; cut into chunks. Discard shell.
- Sauté onion and apple in butter in a small skillet; stir in flour and salt. Add chicken broth; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to thicken. Stir in whipping cream; cook until sauce is smooth and thickened. Add curry powder; stir well. Add reserved lobster; cook until lobster is thoroughly heated.
- Spoon over rice, and serve with several of the following: (about 1 cup each) chutney, flaked coconut, chopped hard cooked egg, crumbled bacon, salted peanuts, and raisins.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note