Curried Lentils and Potatoes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 381
- Calories from fat: 3.1%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sodium: 80mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound red thin-skinned potatoes
- 2 firm-ripe tomatoes (1/2 lb. total)
- 1 1/2 cups hulled lentils such as Red Chiefs
- 3 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Plain nonfat yogurt
- 1. Scrub potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch slices.
- 2. Rinse tomatoes, core, and cut each into 6 wedges.
- 3. In a 12- to 14-inch frying pan, combine potatoes, tomatoes, lentils, broth, and curry powder. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed and potatoes are tender to bite, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Spoon into wide bowls. Sprinkle with chopped mint and add yogurt and salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note