This soup is awesome! I added two cans of chickpeas after I added the coconut milk. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. I will definitely make this soup again.
Curried Lentil Soup
Full of bold flavor and chockful of veggies, Curried Lentil Soup makes a great choice for a meatless lunch or dinner.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 401
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 16g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 293mg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils, washed and picked over
- Salt and pepper
- 1 13.6-oz. can coconut milk
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- 1. In a large pan, warm oil over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and celery, stirring often, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic; sauté for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Add curry powder; sauté for 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Stir in broth, lentils, 2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover pot, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until lentils are very soft, about 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Working in batches, puree half of soup in a blender until nearly smooth. Return pureed soup to pan. Stir in coconut milk and reheat gently over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally; do not boil. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with chopped cilantro just before serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note