Curried Leg of Lamb with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
Serve leftover slices of lamb in warm pita rounds with lettuce and sliced red onions for a satisfying sandwich.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) leg of lamb, boned
- Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
- Process first 8 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Place lamb in a large shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Pour yogurt mixture over lamb. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove lamb from marinade, discarding marinade. Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes; reduce temperature to 350°, and bake 1 hour and 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°. Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 150° (medium-rare). Serve with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes