Curried Lamb and Sweet Potato Stew
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 21.6g
- Carbohydrate: 49.4g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 3.0mg
- Sodium: 640mg
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Calcium: 152mg
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 8 3/4 cups)
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine sweet potato, 2 teaspoons oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray; toss to coat. Spread into a single layer. Bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until tender and edges begin to blacken.
- Sprinkle lamb with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and curry powder; toss well to coat evenly. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add half of lamb; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove lamb from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with 1/2 teaspoon oil and remaining half of lamb. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup broth; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Place half of roasted sweet potatoes and remaining broth in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add pureed mixture to onion mixture in pan. Stir in remaining half of roasted sweet potatoes, lamb, half-and-half, and ground red pepper, and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews