Curried Lamb Kebabs with Raita
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 lamb kebab, 1/4 cup raita, and 3/4 cup couscous)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 388
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 33.6g
- Carbohydrate: 40.7g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 479mg
- Calcium: 135mg
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons diced seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) pieces yellow bell pepper
- 16 large cherry tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Set aside.
- While couscous is standing, prepare raita. Combine cucumber and next 5 ingredients (cucumber through garlic) in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- Prepare broiler or grill.
- To prepare the kebabs, combine lamb, curry, 1 teaspoon oil, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and red pepper in a medium bowl; toss well. Combine 1 teaspoon oil, bell pepper, and tomatoes in a bowl; toss well. Thread lamb, bell pepper, and tomatoes alternately onto 4 (10-inch) skewers.
- Place kebabs on broiler pan or grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done. Serve kebabs with raita and couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note