Curried Lamb and Carrots
Photo: Oxmoor House
Serve the lamb with additional chutney, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup lamb mixture and 3/4 cup couscous)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 447
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 60.2g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 773mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds lean boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Thai seasoning (such as McCormick)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
- Place carrot and onion in a 4-quart electric slow cooker.
- Place flour in a zip-top plastic bag; add lamb. Seal and shake to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat with cooking spray; add lamb, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Place lamb, cider, and next 6 ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
- Reduce heat setting to low; cook 7 hours. Remove lid, and stir mixture.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes