- 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds lean boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Thai seasoning (such as McCormick)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
- calories 447
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- fat 8.8 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 60.2 g
- fiber 5.7 g
- cholesterol 73 mg
- iron 3.6 mg
- sodium 773 mg
- calcium 60 mg
How to Make It
Place carrot and onion in a 4-quart electric slow cooker.
Place flour in a zip-top plastic bag; add lamb. Seal and shake to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat with cooking spray; add lamb, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Place lamb, cider, and next 6 ingredients in slow cooker. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
Reduce heat setting to low; cook 7 hours. Remove lid, and stir mixture.
Prepare couscous according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.