Curried Harvest Bisque
Top with ham for an elegant beginning to a holiday meal.
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Garnish: diced ham
- Combine squash and broth in a heavy 4-quart stockpot. Cook over medium heat unti squash is tender, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer squash to a blender; puree until smooth. Stir broth back into pureed squash; set aside.
- Melt butter in stockpot; stir in flour and curry powder. Cook over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Add squash mixture; increase heat to medium-high and stir until soup thickens slightly. Reduce heat to low; add remaining ingredients and heat through without boiling. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Curried Harvest Bisque Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Soups/Stews