Curried Egg Salad Toasts
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lynn Nesmith
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Coastal Living
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 6 pumpernickel bread slices, toasted
- Garnish: watercress
- 1. Place eggs in a saucepan; add water to a depth of 3 inches. Bring to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, whisking until smooth. Stir in celery.
- 3. Place eggs under cold running water just until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs; coarsely chop. Fold into mayonnaise mixture. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 4. Cut each bread slice into 2 triangles. Divide egg salad mixture among bread pieces. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note