Curried Duck with Cranberry Couscous
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 548
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 17.3g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 42.3g
- Carbohydrate: 52.3g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 132mg
- Iron: 5.2mg
- Sodium: 604mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (14-ounce) packages boneless whole duck breasts, thawed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (about 1 (3-ounce) package)
- 1 (15.75-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup cranberry chutney (such as Crosse and Blackwell)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare grill; set to medium heat.
- Combine curry, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon curry powder mixture for cranberry mixture. Rub meat side of breast with remaining curry powder mixture.
- Place duck on grill rack, skin sides up. Cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness; remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Bring cranberries and broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in reserved curry powder mixture and couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous mixture onto plates.
- Carefully remove skin from all breasts; cut each breast in half. Then cut each breast half into 1/2-inch-thick slices and arrange them on top of couscous mixture. Serve with chutney; sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This