- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (14-ounce) packages boneless whole duck breasts, thawed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (about 1 (3-ounce) package)
- 1 (15.75-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup cranberry chutney (such as Crosse and Blackwell)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 548
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 17.3 g
- satfat 6.3 g
- monofat 5.7 g
- polyfat 2.3 g
- protein 42.3 g
- carbohydrate 52.3 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- cholesterol 132 mg
- iron 5.2 mg
- sodium 604 mg
- calcium 43 mg
How to Make It
Prepare grill; set to medium heat.
Combine curry, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon curry powder mixture for cranberry mixture. Rub meat side of breast with remaining curry powder mixture.
Place duck on grill rack, skin sides up. Cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness; remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
Bring cranberries and broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in reserved curry powder mixture and couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous mixture onto plates.
Carefully remove skin from all breasts; cut each breast in half. Then cut each breast half into 1/2-inch-thick slices and arrange them on top of couscous mixture. Serve with chutney; sprinkle with cilantro.