This was a tasty addition to our Meatless Monday meal list. I substituted Pearled couscous, but other than that, it was pretty good. I will be making it again!
Curried Couscous with Broccoli and Feta
Using bagged broccoli florets and preshredded carrots all but eliminates the prep with this vegetarian entrée. If you want to add meat to the couscous, use chopped chicken or thin strips of flank steak.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 402
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 13.4g
- Carbohydrate: 61.4g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 827mg
- Calcium: 145mg
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While couscous stands, steam broccoli florets, covered, for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine couscous, broccoli, onion, and next 10 ingredients (onion through chickpeas), tossing gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note