This had a nice, good, even heat. Not too spicy aftertaste. Also had a good, hearty portion size.
Curried Coconut Soup with Chicken
For a lighter meal, you can omit the rice noodles; the calories will decrease to about 230.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33.5g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 564mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 4 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked rice noodles
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add curry paste and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add stock and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes.
- 2. Combine chicken, cucumber, basil, sambal oelek, and sesame oil in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 cup noodles in each of 4 bowls. Pour about 1 1/4 cups stock mixture into each bowl. Serve with lime.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note