- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, medium-size raw shrimp (2 1/30 count)
- 1 extra-large vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 (13.66-oz.) can coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
How to Make It
Devein shrimp, if desired.
Stir together bouillon cube, ginger, and 3 cups water in a 3-qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and next 4 ingredients, and cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in basil and next 2 ingredients just before serving. Season with salt to taste.
The Sandwich: Toss together 1 cup chopped fresh snow peas, 2 grated carrots, 1 cup sliced English cucumber, and 1/4 cup bottled refrigerated ginger dressing. Spread 1/4 cup refrigerated hummus onto 4 large whole wheat wraps. Divide vegetable mixture among wraps, and roll up.