I enjoyed the shrimp, rice, and coconut sauce. My problem was with the broccoli and cauliflower; the florets that came prepackaged were rather large, and as a result were not tender enough when the rest of the dish was done. Cut them in to smaller pieces, so they are nice and tender, and then this would be better!
Curried Coconut Shrimp Stir-Fry
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 392
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 40.2g
- Carbohydrate: 34.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 6.6mg
- Sodium: 957mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) bag broccoli and cauliflower spears
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and curry; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add bell pepper, and broccoli and cauliflower spears; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently.
- Add coconut milk and remaining ingredients; cook 4 minutes or until sauce is slightly thick. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes