- 1 cup Mahatma® or Carolina® White or Basmati Rice
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
How to Make It
Using 1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt (if desired) prepare rice according to package directions. While cooking, stir rice after 10 minutes.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Add basil and stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add curry powder, remaining salt (if desired) and red pepper; stir-fry 10 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry 3 minutes. Stir in remaining coconut milk and reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in basil mixture and toss well. Serve over rice.
NOTE: If you would like to prepare this dish using our Jasmine rice, decrease water to 1/2 cup and decrease cook time to 15 minutes. You will still need to stir the rice after cooking about 10 minutes.