Curried Coconut Chicken
2K+ "Curried chicken simmered in coconut milk and tomatoes makes for a mouthwatering hint of the tropics! Goes great with rice and vegetables." — ROMA http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Curried-Coconut-Chicken/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=curried%20coconut%20chicken&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1/2 bulb(s) onion thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 14 ounce(s) coconut milk
- 14.5 ounce(s) stewed, diced tomatoes
- 8 ounce(s) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- 20 mins
- 50 mins
- READY IN
- 1 hr
- 10 mins
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jrich9 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note