- 3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen petite green peas
- 2/3 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 307
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- protein 31.1 g
- carbohydrate 32.7 g
- cholesterol 95 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 752 mg
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- fiber 5.2 g
- calcium 91 mg
How to Make It
Spoon yogurt onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2- inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Scrape into a bowl; cover and refrigerate.
Combine flour, 1 teaspoon curry powder, salt, and ground red pepper in a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; shake to coat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; add oil and chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add 1/2 cup broth. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken is no longer pink.
Combine remaining broth, remaining curry powder, carrot, and peas in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until carrot is tender. Gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous onto serving plates; top with chicken mixture, yogurt, and cilantro.