This recipe is outstanding! The flavors of the curry and ginger really come through but are not overpowering. The hardest part for me was chopping and peeling the butternut squash! I also forgot to add the additional canola oil to the yogurt mixture and it did not make any difference for me. The chicken wes infused with all of the amazimg flavors. I would however recommend a side of Basmati rice or some kind of plain rice to go with this delicious recipe. Oh and please do not leave out the greek yogurt and Naan bread! They are essential!!
Curried-Chicken and Vegetable Pan Roast
"Chicken might be my overall favorite meat for feeding a crowd," Kristin Kimball says. She sometimes roasts it with Indian spices she picks up on her biannual trips to Manhattanlike the curry in this one-pan recipe of yogurt-marinated chicken with butternut squash and brussels sprouts.
More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 2 pounds (from one 2 1/2-pound squash) butternut squash in 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 large red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Warm naan, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450° and position racks in the upper and middle thirds. In a very large bowl, toss the butternut squash with the brussels sprouts, onion wedges and 1/2 cup of the canola oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables on 2 large, sturdy rimmed baking sheets.
- In the same bowl, combine the cup of yogurt with the ginger, garlic, curry powder and the remaining 1/2 cup of oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss until thoroughly coated. Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables. Roast for about 40 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until the vegetables are nearly tender and the chicken is nearly cooked through. Pour off any accumulated liquid in the pans and roast for about 20 minutes longer, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is lightly browned. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a platter and serve with warm naan and yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note