I have made these sandwiches for years- and they are ALWAYS a hit. The curry flavor is not strong at all, and if you don't like coconut you can leave it out (though I do love coconut and happen to think it really makes the sandwiches that much better). I've made it on many types of bread, and the pumpernickel is just fantastic!
Curried Chicken Tea Sandwiches
Photo: Charles Walton
These curried chicken tea sandwiches are perfect for baby showers, wedding showers, engagement parties, and everything in between.
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) pumpernickel, wheat, or white bread slices
- 3 tablespoons diced green onions
- Bake coconut and almonds in shallow baking pans at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Stir together cream cheese and next 4 ingredients; gently stir in chicken. Spread evenly on bread slices; trim crusts, and cut each slice into 3 strips. Sprinkle evenly with coconut, almonds, and green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note