This meal is very tasty and super low in calories! It is one of my favorite curry recipes!
Curried Chicken-Spinach Salad
More From Health
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 431mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 3 (5-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Trim excess fat from the chicken. Place the chicken and enough water to cover in a medium saucepan over high heat until water just begins to bubble. Reduce heat, cover, and poach 10 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and let cool.
- 2. While chicken cooks, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chutney, curry powder, and ginger in a large bowl.
- 3. Chop chicken and add to yogurt mixture. Add celery, grapes, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Divide spinach among 4 plates; top with chicken salad and pecans.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This