Curried Chicken Salad with Pineapple
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 192
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 196mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 6 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (about 3 medium ribs)
- 5 red leaf lettuce leaves
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet; let cool slightly, and coarsely chop chicken.
- While chicken cooks, place a small heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add almonds, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until toasted. Set almonds aside.
- Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. Combine reserved pineapple juice, yogurt, curry powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring well. Add chicken, pineapple, and celery; toss well.
- Spoon chicken salad evenly onto 5 individual lettuce-lined salad plates. Sprinkle evenly with almonds.
Note: Use leftover chopped cooked chicken or turkey. Or use deli-roasted chicken; just remember that the sodium and fat content may be higher.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes