I have made this recipe since it was published at Easter time in 2000. It makes a wonderful addition to buffets, as the recipe can be molded into shapes and decorated, such as Easter eggs or Christmas trees. The curry taste is very mild, but just enough to make the flavors bold enough to thoroughly enjoy this salad.
Curried Chicken Salad Spread
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened*
- 3/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 6 green onions, minced
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) package slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Garnishes: green onion stems, minced green onions, toasted flaked coconut, pistachios, fresh dill sprigs, yellow squash wedges, fresh chives, mixed salad greens, pansies, cucumber slices
- Stir together first 11 ingredients. Form into an egg shape. Chill 8 hours, and garnish, if desired. Serve with crackers.
- * Reduced-fat cream cheese may be substituted for regular cream cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers