Not a bad recipe - might make again with a few adjustments. It could use a few more spices to give it some zest, and I'll probably cut out the walnuts next time. Not a fan of pineapple, so I substituted in apple, which turned out pretty good. Has potential, just needs some help!
Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches
If you don't want to make all eight sandwiches at once, simply keep the chicken salad in the refrigerator and assemble the sandwiches as desired.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 32.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28.4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 626mg
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fiber: 10.9g
- Calcium: 339mg
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 16 slices whole wheat double-fiber bread (such as Nature's Own)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken and next 4 ingredients; stir well to combine.
- . Top each of 8 bread slices with 1/2 cup chicken salad. Top each with a lettuce leaf and a bread slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note