Quick, easy, and very delicious! This recipe has been one of my favorites.
Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
You can prepare the chicken salad up to a day ahead and refrigerate; assemble the sandwiches just before serving.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 sandwiches)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 271
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 606mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 24 (1-ounce) slices pumpernickel bread
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Trim crusts from bread slices; cut slices into triangles.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Combine sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves. Add sugar mixture to pan, scraping pan to loosed browned bits. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Combine onion mixture, remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, chicken, and remaining ingredients. Place about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture on each of 12 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note