one of my fave chicken salad recipes. very good. added celery. usually don't have pumpernickel bread on hand.
Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
You can prepare the chicken salad up to a day ahead and refrigerate; assemble the sandwiches just before serving.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 sandwiches)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 271
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 606mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 24 (1-ounce) slices pumpernickel bread
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Trim crusts from bread slices; cut slices into triangles.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Combine sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves. Add sugar mixture to pan, scraping pan to loosed browned bits. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Combine onion mixture, remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, chicken, and remaining ingredients. Place about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture on each of 12 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches