Used a hot curry powder which gave it a little extra kick--was delicious!
Curried Chicken Salad in Naan
Add a touch of India to your chicken salad by stirring in curry powder, fresh ginger, and dried apricots and serving it on rounds of naan bread.
Total time: 35 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 458
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 35.5g
- Carbohydrate: 52.7g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 602mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 cups diced roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound)
- 3/4 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 (6-inch) naan breads
- 3 cups trimmed watercress
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add chicken and next 5 ingredients (through parsley) to mayonnaise mixture, tossing to coat.
- Heat naan according to the package directions, if desired.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture onto each naan. Top with 3/4 cup watercress; fold over.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes