Found this recipe trying to imitate my local grocery's delicious recipes. It is pretty delicious. The almonds and golden raisins make it so tasty! Next time might add some diced celery or apple for a little more crunch.
Curried Chicken Salad in Lettuce Cups
Turn simple chicken salad into a refreshing dinner by adding curry powder, almonds and raisins to the chicken and serving in crisp lettuce cups. Change the portion size to 4 lettuce cups for a main dish serving.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 4 cups shredded roasted chicken, skin and bones removed (from a 3-lb. rotisserie chicken)
- Salt and pepper
- 16 small Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. Place almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until just golden brown and fragrant. Remove to a bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise, curry powder, paprika, scallions, raisins and almonds in a large bowl. Add chicken and stir until well coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter. Fill each cup with about 2 Tbsp. chicken salad and serve.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note