I make a similar recipe with a lot more curry powder (about 1 tsp.) and sub dried apricots for the grapes - a little less sweet. It's always a hit, even with people who don't like curry.
Curried Chicken Salad
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 471
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Sodium: 213mg
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken (about 12 oz.)
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved crosswise
- 1 large celery rib, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly slice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 radicchio cups
- 4 cups mixed baby greens (about 3 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread walnuts on a shallow baking sheet and roast in oven until toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Coarsely chop walnuts and transfer 3/4 cup of them to a bowl with chicken, grapes and celery; toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together scallions, mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, curry powder and pepper. Scrape mixture over chicken mixture and toss well.
- To serve, arrange a radicchio cup in center of a plate. Fill radicchio with chicken salad. Arrange greens around radicchio. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top of salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note