I make a similar recipe with a lot more curry powder (about 1 tsp.) and sub dried apricots for the grapes - a little less sweet. It's always a hit, even with people who don't like curry.
Curried Chicken Salad
Spice up a plain chicken salad with curry powder and add grapes for sweetness and chopped walnuts for crunch. Serve the salad in radicchio cups for an elegant presentation.
Yield: 6 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.64
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 471
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Sodium: 213mg
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken (about 12 oz.)
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved crosswise
- 1 large celery rib, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly slice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 radicchio cups
- 4 cups mixed baby greens (about 3 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread walnuts on a shallow baking sheet and roast in oven until toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Coarsely chop walnuts and transfer 3/4 cup of them to a bowl with chicken, grapes and celery; toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together scallions, mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, curry powder and pepper. Scrape mixture over chicken mixture and toss well.
- To serve, arrange a radicchio cup in center of a plate. Fill radicchio with chicken salad. Arrange greens around radicchio. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top of salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads