Loved it! I also left out the pineapple and substituted raisans for currants. I added more raisans and also and additional 1/4 tsp of curry powder. It was perfect! Yummm. Ate in pita pockets with lettuce.
Curried Chicken Salad
Swap your usual chicken salad recipe for this spicy-sweet version flavored with fresh fruit, curry powder, and a hint of honey. Serve on a baguette or with whole-grain crackers for a refreshing–and fast–meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 303
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 33.8g
- Carbohydrate: 25.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons diced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (through pepper), stirring with a whisk. Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and chill.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note