Great on lettuce leaf boats. I substituted apples for pears (no apples available) and added about 6 chopped arugula from my garden. This was very tasty. Even my husband who doesn't care for vegetables ate this all up.
Curried Chicken Salad
Swap your usual chicken salad recipe for this spicy-sweet version flavored with fresh fruit, curry powder, and a hint of honey. Serve on a baguette or with whole-grain crackers for a refreshing–and fast–meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 303
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 33.8g
- Carbohydrate: 25.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons diced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (through pepper), stirring with a whisk. Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and chill.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note