This was pretty good and a good way to used leftover chicken and rice. Good for lunch the next day.
Curried Chicken-Rice Salad
Crisp Gala apple and crunchy celery give this nutrient-rich salad an extra dimension of tantalizing texture and color. An excellent source of vitamin C, celery helps strengthen the immune system.
More From Oxmoor House
Chill: 8 Minutes
- Calories: 238
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 187mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen microwaveable brown rice (such as Birds Eye)
- 1 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Gala apple (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup cherry-flavored sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins)
- Green leaf lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Spread rice in a shallow pan; place in freezer 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2. While rice chills, combine yogurt, curry powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and next 3 ingredients to yogurt mixture, stirring until coated.
- 3. Stir chilled rice into chicken mixture. Spoon chicken salad onto lettuce leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note