This was pretty good and a good way to used leftover chicken and rice. Good for lunch the next day.
Curried Chicken-Rice Salad
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Chill: 8 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 238
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 187mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen microwaveable brown rice (such as Birds Eye)
- 1 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Gala apple (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup cherry-flavored sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins)
- Green leaf lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Spread rice in a shallow pan; place in freezer 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2. While rice chills, combine yogurt, curry powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and next 3 ingredients to yogurt mixture, stirring until coated.
- 3. Stir chilled rice into chicken mixture. Spoon chicken salad onto lettuce leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This