Curried Chicken Mousse
Make Ahead. Curry powder blends 20 spices, herbs, and seeds into a potent seasoning secret. Teamed with tender chunks of chicken, it creates a make-ahead mousse that is nothing short of marvelous.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 11
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 0.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast (skinned before cooking and cooked without salt)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- Cooking spray
- 1. Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes).
- 2. Add bouillon granules, red pepper, and curry powder, stirring until bouillon granules dissolve; remove from heat. Add remaining 1/2 cup cold water and minced onion, stirring well; chill until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- 3. Stir in chicken and next 4 ingredients; spoon mixture into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Unmold and serve with reduced-fat crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note