Very nice. I also added asparagus, which I microwaved/steamed for 4-5 minutes before adding with the tomatos and chickpeas.
Curried Chicken and Chickpeas
Spinach sold in microwave-safe bags makes cooking it a snap. Place any other kind of bagged spinach in a microwave-safe container before cooking.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup chicken mixture, about 1/2 cup couscous, and 1/2 cup spinach)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 436
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 38.6g
- Carbohydrate: 55.1g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 924mg
- Calcium: 126mg
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon hot chile sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 (10-ounce) microwaveable package fresh spinach
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic, and chicken, tossing to coat. Add chicken mixture to pan; saute 3 minutes or until browned. Stir in curry powder; cook 1 minute. Add tomato, broth, chile sauce, and chickpeas; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 8 minutes.
- While chicken mixture cooks, place 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 cup water, and oil in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Gradually stir in couscous; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork.
- While couscous stands, poke holes in spinach bag. Microwave at high 2 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes