Used 4-5 chicken thighs, added 1 tsp coriander and 1 tsp cumin, and put everything in crockpot - even the beans. It turned out great, and I will definitely make again. Next time I think I'll add cauliflower florets to get more veggies. I'll also chop the onions smaller. The taste was delicious!
Curried Chicken and Chickpea Stew
Curry powder and chickpeas turn this slow-cooker chicken stew into a hearty Middle Eastern-style dinner.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Sodium: 823mg
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1. Combine chicken, olive oil, curry powder and salt in slow cooker and toss to coat.
- 2. Sprinkle onions and garlic on top of chicken. Pour tomatoes on top. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- 3. During last hour of cooking, stir in chickpeas. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note