i didn't have any onion, but used roasted garlic cloves....i think it needed more salt so i will keep working with this. i liked it better than my family. thinking about using the leftovers in a soup.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Rose Nguyen
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (10-oz.) packages fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook curry powder and red pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 1 minute. Add cauliflower, onion, and salt, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low; add 6 Tbsp. water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or just until cauliflower is tender.
- Grilled Flank Steak With Curried Cauliflower and Couscous: Rub 1 (1-lb.) flank steak with 1 Tbsp. olive oil; sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook flank steak in a grill pan over medium-high heat 8 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Prepare 1 (10-oz.) box plain couscous according to package directions, stirring 1/4 cup golden raisins into water just before couscous. Cut flank steak diagonally across the grain into slices, and serve over couscous with Curried Cauliflower. Makes 4 servings; Prep: 15 min., Cook: 16 min., Stand: 10 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables