Delicious! Made according to recipe except used veggie broth instead of chicken. The flavors are awesome, no need to change anything.
Curried Carrot, Sweet Potato, and Ginger Soup
This soup gets its wonderfully creamy texture from purèed carrots and sweet potatoes rather than cream, a dairy product Willett discourages due to its high saturated-fat content.
Yield: serves 5 (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 144
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 27.3g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 531mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cups (1/4-inch) sliced peeled carrots
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add potato, carrots, ginger, and curry; cook 2 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stir in salt.
- Pour half of soup in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining soup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Curried Carrot, Sweet Potato, and Ginger Soup Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Soups/Stews