Curried Carrot Soup
Seasoned with the distinctive flavors of curry and cumin, serve Savory Carrot Soup as a starter course or pair with French bread or your favorite sandwich as an entree.
More From Allyou
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 634mg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté until golden, about 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium, add onion; sauté for 5 minutes. Add curry and cumin; sauté 3 minutes. Add carrots; sauté 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in wine; cook until reduced by half. Add broth and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 3. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender. Return to pot. Rewarm over medium heat. If soup is too thick, add broth to thin. Divide among 6 bowls and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note