I liked it, my husband didn't. I guess it depends on your tastes. I definitely agree with dunking fresh-made naan into it.
Curried Carrot Coconut Soup
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 79%
- Protein: 6.1g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 519mg
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry paste*
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound baby carrots, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook onion, garlic, curry paste, cayenne, and salt until fragrant, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Add carrots and broth and cook, covered, until carrots are very tender, about 12 minutes.
- 2. Purée soup until very smooth, using a blender and working in batches. Stir in coconut milk and heat until hot. Mix yogurt and cilantro in a small bowl. Serve bowls of soup with a dollop of yogurt.
- *Find in grocery stores' Asian-foods aisle.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews