Curried Butternut Squash Soup
For lower salt intake, use low-sodium chicken broth. Look for lite coconut milk in the Asian aisle of the supermarket.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 136
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 11.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 601mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- Roasted Winter Squash (use 3 pounds butternut squash)
- 3/4 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Mash Roasted Winter Squash with a potato masher or fork, and set aside.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Set aside.
- Stir together broth and next 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
- Process squash and broth mixture together, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Return mixture to Dutch oven; add shrimp, and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated and shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle each serving with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This